We also practice this approach regarding diversity within our company. Gender balance is an essential aspect of strengthening cognitive diversity. Thanks to new and digital ways of working and various corporate programmes, women are given the flexibility and the tools to advance their careers. Promoting diversity within the workforce is firmly anchored in our corporate DNA and part of our corporate goals.
“Cognitive diversity promotes our corporate success. The increasing share of women in management positions leads to a better understanding of customer needs and increases our innovative capacity. With the Chef:innensache initiative, we want to bring this attitude even more strongly into the German economy. Because a balanced gender ratio promotes competitiveness and social prosperity in Germany.”
As a company and employer with almost 8,200 employees which connects the most people in Germany via its mobile networks, we have an important social responsibility for equal opportunities. At the same time, diversity makes us a better performing company. By bringing together different experiences and promoting diverse perspectives in a targeted way, we achieve more productive teams and better results. A balanced gender ratio among our employees contributes significantly to this. The commitment to diversity and the support of women is part of Telefónica Deutschland / o2’s long-term corporate responsibility strategy and is anchored with clear ambitions and goals. We are also actively working in the Global Diversity Council of the Telefónica Group.
- We have firmly anchored our efforts to make women successful in management positions in our corporate goals. We have made significant progress by increasing their share in top management from around 23 percent in 2019 to around 28 percent in 2020. With two female board members, the proportion of women on the executive board is just under 29 percent.
- For the “New Normal” of the working world, we rely on a flexible hybrid model. Our employees should work where and when they are most productive. In this way, we want to use the advantages of mobile as well as on-site working and create new opportunities for location-independent development, nationwide staffing and personal life models. This gives rise to new opportunities, also for the reconciliation of career and family.
- Our numerous development programmes are transparently available to all employees. By applying objective criteria, using external experts, assessments and artificial intelligence, everyone has the same opportunities to participate in job rotations or further training.
- Women find a platform for networking in the lively internal community “TelefónicaConnects”. Around 320 employees are now active there. The initiative not only inspires through regular lectures by exciting personalities and role models, but also increases the general visibility of women in the company.
- Our employee survey, which takes place several times a year, measures how equal opportunities and diversity are perceived and lived in the teams. 93% of respondents confirmed that we support equality and offer everyone the same opportunities.
- 2021, we have been included in the highly regarded Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI) for the second year in a row. This makes us one of eleven companies headquartered in Germany to be highlighted for transparently promoting equal opportunities for women in the workplace, as evidenced by key performance indicators.
- We also express our claim by signing the “Diversity Charter”.
More about the company: